Today’s article is for small-medium-sized manufacturers whose manual scheduling processes are not doing the job.
Paper-based employee scheduling techniques are:
- Tedious and inefficient
- Unable to quickly adapt to scheduling emergencies
- Prone to inaccuracies
- Not equipped to manage overtime
- Hard to share with employees
In addition, staff members need to go through a manager or HR department to obtain schedule, time card, and PTO information and it is cumbersome for associates to submit and obtain shift change approvals.
Imagine if your production equipment was this outdated, ineffective, and inefficient.
These problems impact everyone in the organization:
- Owners overpay for labor, which reduces profit margins
- Owners lose money due to poor employee retention
- Owners are in danger of compliance violations
- Company misses production deadlines which threatens client contracts and business reputation
- Employees work more overtime than they want to
- Employees can’t view the schedule when they are not at work
- Workers have to go through a manager to request shift changes
- Short-handed shifts force team members on-the-clock to pick up the slack, which, in turn, often leads to employee burnout
- Scheduling managers spend so much time creating schedules that they have little time for other essential tasks
- Scheduling managers can’t easily accommodate employee shift requests
Deep-rooted problems that affect every level of the organization require a powerful yet easy-to-implement solution. Workforce Management Suite from Access1Source has tools to transform employee scheduling at manufacturing centers.
Workforce Management Suite includes TimeSimplicity which offers streamlined scheduling and TimeSource Plus for integrated time and attendance tracking.
- Establish schedules with drag-and-drop simplicity
- Customizable job codes make sure the employees with the needed certifications are scheduled
- System automation finds eligible employees to cover open shifts
- Customized system alerts reduce over-staffing and unplanned overtime
- Complete mobile coordination for team members and management
- Employee Self Service enables staff to manage their time cards, post shift requests, and monitor PTO accruals
- Automatically creates audit-ready records
Workforce Management Suite is the industry-leading customizable scheduling system for manufacturing facilities that run 24/7.
Access1Source offers WorkforceHUBÂ, the unified Human Resources portal that makes it easy to optimize the performance of your managers, employees, and organization.
WorkforceHUBÂ includes TimeSource Plus, TimeSimplicity, and TimeWorks Mobile. We’ve just added onboarding, benefits enrollment, performance reviews, and employee engagement! WorkforceHUBÂ is established for busy employers like you who need to streamline scheduling, automate time and attendance tracking, maintain regulatory compliance, and reduce labor costs.
How much can you save? Check our Access1Source ROI Calculator.
We can get you up and running with Workforce Management Suite in minutes. Contact us today to book a demo.